Participants meet at a pre-arranged point, and pick up details of their route and the stops they need to make. Each participant is given a score card which will be filled in as they progress along the route. At each designated stop, the participants draw a card at random.
The card drawn or dealt is recorded on each participant's score card/tally sheet, and the winner of the event is the participant who makes the best five-card poker hand at the end of the event.
Seafair Boat Show Poker Run
- Although this is a "run", there are no prizes for speed - it does not matter who is first to complete the course. It is not a race.
- The winning hand is determined by standard poker hand rankings.
- Speedboat racers may draw cards from each stop until they get total of five cards on their Score Sheet/ Tally Sheet.
From Mall of Asia: 26 nautical miles to Corregidor, Bataan (52 miles round trip)
1. First Check Point - Participants will draw two cards
2. Second Check Point - Participants will draw two cards
3. 3rd and Last Point - Participants will draw one card. Two additional cards maybe purchased for P2, 000 each at the final stop
- Only five cards may be played for best hand.
- Upon picking card from one location, Participants must present their tally sheet, pick one card at a time, and lay it face up on the table. No duplicate cards can be used. Participants must draw additional card if an identical card is drawn. For example, if you draw the seven of clubs and you already have the seven of clubs on your score-card, then you must put the card back and re-draw another card.
- It is the participants' responsibility to check their score sheet before leaving each checkpoint, to ensure that the card they drew is correctly recorded on their score sheet.
- If playing more than one hand, the participant must present the appropriate Poker Hand Tally Sheet to be marked before each card is drawn.
- Participants must complete the run at SM Seaside Terminal no later than 5:00pm on December 6, 2015.
- Upon completion of 3 stops, participants must submit the Score sheet into the official Poker run booth
- In case of a tie, there will be a draw for High Card to determine the winner. All decisions of the Judges are final.
- All entrants, passengers & marshals (You) agree to indemnify Seafair Boat Show/ Legworks, the organizers, Committee and Members (Us) from all claims howsoever caused, in the event of accident, injury, loss or damage, to entrant, marshal, passenger, machine or personal items, unless directly caused by error or omission or deliberate act by us.
- All boats, (and participants) must be in a legal, seaworthy condition. You are deemed to be in control of your machine at all times.
- All entrants and Marshals must comply with the Rules and Regulations imposed during the event.
Registration packet inclusion:
- Tally Sheet
- Route map
- Copy of mechanics and Poker Rules
- Stubs for meals
- Gasoline stubs
Poker Run Entries
- Registration fee for the Poker Run is P10, 000.00, which includes boat registration, Meals for two crewmembers and Gasoline stub. Wristbands for additional crew and friends are P1, 000.00 for access to meals and Yacht Party.
- Catered meals wristbands are optional and can be purchased for P1, 000.00 per person. The catering consists of 3 meals – breakfast, lunch and dinner. Please tell us how many meal wristbands you will need in the comments field.
- Please fill out the registration form. You can also register and pay via OTC payment by calling us at (632) 587-4446.